Friday, October 21, 2016

the time is now

Did you know that Julia Child didn’t publish her first cookbook until she was fifty!?
I didn’t, and knowing this makes me a bit calmer as I eat up myself (and everything edible that comes my way) for being late in everything I am passionate about and love.
And did you know that mykitchenkiosk didn’t share a post for last three months!?
.
.

I have to be apologetic. It’s been quite some time since the previous post and I am sorry. And it’s not the first time it happens.
I could be writing endless list of valid and schmalid excuses (division of excuses according to beautiful Danielle Krysa) but why? Cooking brings so much joy and happiness and I find it very relaxing and there is no excuse for not sharing that creative process and outcomes more often with all you guys.
But I am not to be blamed, the jerk of an inner critic is the one to be blamed. There I admit it and worry no more.. or just a bit..
.

But it's Friday evening, probably the most loving time of the week and time to do some baking especially if you crave for some sweets and it's raining outside.
I ate raspberries for breakfast this morning. What a treat as these are probably last fresh raspberries of the season. I really love eating them just as they are, fresh and seducing. But they get along so well with cheese, goat cheese, and right now I want them with cream cheese, baked and covered with dark, dense batter. No more talking, let's make some RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE BROWNIEs






































The recipe is from 2012, created by super talented Linda Lomelino, owner of food blog call me cupcake and there is no need to change it because it's perfect as it is.

For the brownie base you will need:
225g melted butter
4 large eggs
4dl sugar
1,5dl all-purpose flour
1/4tsp salt
1dl cocoa powder
1dl milk powder
2tsp vanilla extract

and for the cheesecake layer:
225g cream cheese
1/2dl sugar
1 large egg
3tbsp all-purpose flour
100g fresh raspberries 

Preheat oven to 175C. Layer a 23x33cm or as I did a 38x26 cm pan with baking paper.

Brownie mixture - Melt the butter and leave to cool and meantime mix sugar and eggs in a bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. In another bowl combine dry ingredients, flour, salt, cocoa and milk powder. Add the melted butter to egg mixture and mix until incorporated and dry ingredients and vanilla extract. Mix everything until smooth.

Cheesecake layer - Mix everything until smooth.

Pour 3/4 of the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Pour cheesecake batter on top. Then dollop the remaining 1/4 of the brownie batter over the cheesecake layer. Drag a fork through the cheesecake layer to create the swirls. Put raspberries on top and let bake for about 40-45 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean). Let cool before serving.








Acknowledgements for this post
Linda Lomelino - Call Me Cupcake

No comments:

Post a Comment